Friday, January 16, 2015
A few housekeeping items: There's a bathroom here, but you may want more privacy. If so, there's an adult bathroom near the office. To get there, go back down the ramps and through the double doors and the bathroom will be on your left. If you are looking for water, go back toward the office and you'll see a hallway on your left. Take that left and you'll see the fountain and water filtration system immediately to your left.
After today's session, you need to fill out a PD form for your hours and a session feedback survey.
Both are available below:
Professional Development Hours
Google Blogger Survey
Thanks for coming out today to learn about Google Blogger! Have a nice LONNNNNGG weekend!
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Monday, January 12, 2015
Today, we brainstormed what we know about electricity. Here we are brainstorming:
- During a thunder ant lightening storm electricity come in a straight line or in a ball
- Las Vegas uses the most electricity in the US
- We use electricity for lights, tv, cameras
- Static electricity can happen when two fabrics rub together
- Most lightening bolts come from the ground
- Some cars can be safer than houses in storms
- Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin, and Nikola Tesla manipulated electricity
Sunday, January 11, 2015
This Friday, while the students are beginning their lovely long weekend, teachers will be learning new skills from other teachers. I get to teach about Google Blogger! How fun is that!? I also get to show everyone this new app called Blogsy. My biggest reason to use Blogsy is for uploading picture more easily. Let's see what happens when I try uploading a picture:
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
A few reminders:
Early release is on January 16th
No School on January 19th in observance Martin Luther King Jr.
Please be sure to send your child to school with appropriate winter clothing and be sure it's labeled.
Onward to February vacation! Only 5 weeks (we have so much to do)! WOWZA!